dinagyang, dinagyang 2012, dinagyang festival, film development council of the philippines, film fest, film festival, iloilo, iloilo business, iloilo city, iloilo city tourism, iloilo dinagyang, iloilo events, iloilo news, iloilo tourism, indie film, indie films, pinoy films, short film, youth
A total of 27 entries are vying for the top title in the 1st Iloilo Short Film Competition on Jan. 20 during the 2nd Iloilo International Film Festival of Sineng Pambansa at SM City Cinema 2 and 3 on Jan. 19-21.
The finalists of 3-10-minute films in two categories – academic and municipal division – will be announced on Jan. 19.
The Best Film will get P35,000, first runner-up – P20,000, and second runner-up – P10,000 in each category during the awards night on Jan. 21.
The jury will be composed of filmmakers and members of the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP).
Those that made it to the Academic Division are:
- ‘Handumanan Sa Tulay’ – Laorenz Poel Maquinto, Mary Lariz Kathren Marabiles and Joseph Saldo from West Visayas State University (WVSU);
- ‘Simhut’ – Ann Margareth Sumalacay and Jola Lyn Tingson from WVSU;
- ‘Lulay’ – Divine Joy Ojeda, Bailey Ori and Alexis Praba from WVSU;
- ‘Danao’ – Homer P. Superio and Renalyn de la Cruz from WVSU;
- ‘For Sale’ – Adrian Mae Cabrera, Syvel Galon and Reymar Latoza from WVSU;
- ‘Pugad’ – Dave Nono, Rio John Sumagaysay and Bea Mae Zaragosa from WVSU;
- ‘Patabros’ – Mary Pauline Balmes, Ray Anthony Ladera and Valerie Galon from WVSU;
- ‘Amay’ – Orpha Montelijao from La Paz National High School;
- ‘Limos’ – Leane Salas-Fernandez and Ernesto S. Garin from Western Institute of Technology;
- ‘Nahanpan sa Panid’ – Maribel E. Sumagaysay, Eve Omero, Vincent Enrique Varona and Karla Dawn Yaneza from Ramon Avancena National High School;
- ‘Pagpanglubaybay’ – Reychell Mae Gallenero, Reyshimar Arguelles and April Anne Balasbas from Central Philippine University (CPU);
- ‘Kasugtanan’ – Sharlyn Joy S. Velasquez and Jovette Aimee Barcelona from CPU;
- ‘Bintana’ – Modjelen Misme from Iloilo City National High School;
- ‘Papay’ – Diody Fadullan, Liezel Margie Lou Bastian, Jodhie Mae Cabarles and Ena Marie Olivares from UP Miag-ao; and
- ‘Elias’ – Anj Enriquez, Zabdiel Reyes, Quezzy Claire Pedregosa, and Ron Matthews Espinosa from University of San Agustin.
Those coming from Municipal Division are:
- ‘Kamikaze Kid’ – Ethel Mae Reyes and Carlo Gabriel Evidente from Mandurriao;
- ‘Tinangkas nga Bato’ – Lodrigo Basco, Jr. and Eden G. Gilpo from Guimbal;
- ‘Teamwork’ – Joebert A. Casas, Japhet Grace G. Moleta and Analyn C. Sumido from Guimbal;
- ‘Guardia’ – Bob Perez, Mark Adman Gayo and Marvin Perez from Guimbal;
- ‘Bakwet’ – Kristoffer Rhys Grabato and Eric Panzo Jr. from Guimbal;
- ‘Tasha’ – Raymundo Salao and Arthur Oliver Santisteban from Guimbal;
- ‘Makina’ – Jonas Chavez and Marevic Hiponia from Calinog;
- ‘Enyam, Pinasahi nga Tinug’ – Renny Rei Poblacion and Caye Leal from, Janiuay;
- ‘Badbad’ – Rhick Lars Vladimer Albay from Leganes;
- ‘I’m Sorry’ – Lionel Josh Lee Anjo Mercado from Lapaz;
- ‘Sikad’ – Jo Andrew A. Torlao, Frances Marie Lacuesta and Jerome Austin Golipatan from Lapaz; and
- ‘May Pagtuo’ – Loreto H. Jalbuna Jr. and Halie Jalbuna from Jaro.