The Sponsors Mardi Gras Parade is a lively and exciting street parade with rhythmic dances performed by costumed dancers, accompanied by musical bands and colorful floats. It is an organic event of the Dinagyang Festival.
It will be held on January 21, 2012 (Saturday) and will start at 2:00 P.M. from Freedom Grandstand and will end at the Provincial Capitol. A brief opening ceremony will be held to signal the start of the parade.
Participants: The following groups may participate: business corporations and companies, local government units (including barangays), tertiary schools, civic clubs and associations, civil society organizations and fraternities and sororities. The participating group must have 30 to 300 dancers, all wearing costumes or t-shirts with company logo and name.
Attire: The dancers must wear Mardi Gras costumes preferably with matching headdresses. For this year’s parade, all participating groups are requested to use yellow and green colors, in addition to their company color/s.
Music: Samba, reggae, salsa, world music (a combination of ethnic and modern music) or any of their variants performed by a marching band or by tape recorded music played back on a good quality audio system. The audio system must be installed in the float or in the service vehicle if the participating group has no float.
Float: The float must be a motorized vehicle bedecked with flowers, balloons and ribbons prominently displaying the company name and logo together with the name: “Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2012”. It will also display this year’s theme: “Beyond Awards, A Culture of Excellence.” The group may have muses, consorts and company mascots.
Prohibition: The following are strictly prohibited: drum and bugle corps, military/fatique uniforms, motorcycles (except for the parade marshals), horses, indecent attires/images and political advertisements/campaign materials. The Dinagyang Committee reserves the right to forcibly remove a participating group at any stage of the parade if this condition is violated. Any motorized vehicle, other than the float and the service vehicle, that will accompany the participating group will be treated as additional float and will be charged accordingly.
- Best Float
- Best Music
- Best Costume
- Best Street Dance
- Crowds’ Favorite
The winner will receive the official Dinagyang Trophy plus a Certificate which will be given during the awarding ceremonies. Each group must send a representative during the awarding ceremony in the evening of January 22, 2012.
Parade Routes: Assembly area is from Mapa Street fronting the Freedom Grandstand up to Rizal Street (in front of theUniversity ofIloilo). The parade routes will be as follows: Freedom Grandstand, J.M. Basa Street, Iznart Street and Provincial Capitol.
All groups must exit at Gen. Luna Street or Bonifacio Drive. Participating groups may perform in front of the stage provided the same should not exceed three (minutes).
An automatic deduction of 10 points will be made from the total point score in excess of three minutes. The group should continue doing the routine steps all throughout the parade route in order not to interrupt flow of participation.
Judges will be stationed in the 2 stages and also along the routes that will be passed by the parade.
Company products, brochures and pamphlets may be distributed along the parade route provided the same will not result to commotion or disturbance or cause any physical harm to the public. Expired products and harmful materials should not be distributed.
Sequence of Parade: Contestants – drummers – float (if there is one) – 1 service vehicle.
The order of the parade will be based on a first come, first served basis; that is, based on the date and time of payment. Each group is required to carry a placard showing its pre-assigned number and the name of the company which must be carried in front of the group
Requirements for Participation
- Payment of registration fee:
- Corporate Sponsorship (with float): P15,000.00
- Small Business Sponsorship (with float): P5,000.00
- Small Business Sponsorship (without float): P3,000.00
- Additional charge of P50/participant in excess of 50 participants (including drummers and instrumentalists)
- Additional vehicle: P3,000.00 per vehicle, regardless of type
- SEC registration or Business Name Registration from DTI or any public document or endorsement letter from the local chief executive (in case of LGUs)
Conditions for Participation
- Aside from the foregoing, the participating group must carry the Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2012 logo, and
- Performers shall be required to wear mardi gras costume or uniform apparel with hand props and head dress, preferably a combination of yellow and green. Risers are not allowed.
- Each participating group shall be allowed to carry one (1) horizontal parade streamer with a maximum size of 1m x 6 m indicating its registered name. Additional drop banners may be allowed up to a maximum of five (5) for Corporate Sponsorship and two (2) for the others. Drop banner shall not exceed 3 feet x 5 feet. No streamer or banner will be allowed to be carried by the registered entity other than their own.
- The group shall be required to show Official Receipt (OR) as proof of registration during checking at the assembly area before the start of parade.
- Deadline for registration is 5 PM, January 13, 2012.
- Sponsors Mardi Gras Committee shall keep a registry or record of registrants containing Control Number (Order of Registration/Parade is indicated on the OR), OR#, date of payment, amount paid, no. of streamers. The committee will provide secretariat or stage preparation & parade control committee (SPPC) one copy each of registry for inspection purposes.
- PG representative/s shall attend special meetings called by Sponsors Mardi Gras Committee for orientation on the assembly time & place, order of parade (based on the Registry) and other instructions/updates.
- PG shall come to the assembly area on time for the last minute instructions by the Sponsors Mardi Gras Committee and SPPC.
- PG shall strictly follow the assigned assembly place and time and police their own ranks to ensure safety and security of the group.
- NO ADS, BANNERS, STREAMERS, FLAGLETS, FANS HATS, VISORS, RIBBON, AND T-SHIRT OR ANY ADVERTISING MATERIALS TO BE DISTRIBUTED, CARRIED OR WORN BY ANY MEMBER OF THE GROUP OR ATTACHED/PASTED TO ANY VEHICLE JOINING THE PARADE ISSUED BY COMPETING COMPANIES OF THE COMPANY WHICH LOCKED OUT THE SPONSORSHIP.
- VIOLATION OF ANY RULES/REGULATIONS STATED ABOVE IS GROUND FOR REVOCATION/CANCELLLATION OF PARTICIPATION WITHOUT REFUND OF REGISTRATION FEE AND DISQUALIFICATION FROM JOINING THE SMG PARADE.
There will be a briefing for all the participating groups on January 14, 2012 (Saturday) at 2:00 PM, Lee Chuan Conference Hall, Freedom Grandstand, Iloilo City.